As a research-extensive land-grant university, North Carolina State University is dedicated to excellent teaching, the creation and application of knowledge, and engagement with public and private partners. By uniting our strength in science and technology with a commitment to excellence in a comprehensive range of disciplines, NC State promotes an integrated approach to problem-solving that transforms lives and provides leadership for social, economic, and technological development across North Carolina and around the world. Learn more about the university’s mission and strategic plan.
At NC State, our students, faculty, and staff focus on our motto, Think and Do. Learn more about how this motto is incorporated into life at NC State. Think and Do.
Our students and staff love spending time thinking and doing at our award-winning library.
Our Stats and Strengths
- 33,755 students
- 2,336 faculty
- 6,733 staff
- 13:1 student-faculty ratio
- 10 colleges representing all major academic fields
- 20 residence halls
- 15 Living and Learning Villages
- 900+ student organizations
- 300+ undergraduate and graduate degree programs
- The largest university in North Carolina
- $1.495 billion budget for the fiscal year 2017
- $405 million in sponsored research for the fiscal year 2017
- $1.1 billion endowment
- Educating more North Carolinians than any other university
- View NC State’s Stats and Strengths