University Housing requires Community Assistants to be highly skilled and knowledgeable staff members that respond to a variety of situations in a very professional manner. Community Assistants (CA) provide high quality customer services to all residents and guests through residence hall 24-hour Service Desks. Please see your 24-hour Service Desk for applications and details about the recruitment process.
- Full time enrolled NC State student
- Cumulative grade point average of 2.5 or higher
- No continuing record of University disciplinary action at the time of application or appointment
- Live on campus with University Housing
- Provide customer service for students, parents and administrators
- Complete clerical tasks assigned by respective supervisors
- Answer phone lines
- Key distribution
- Residence hall mail and package distribution
- Maintain hall logs
- Be prompt for your shift.
- Keep the Service Desk area neat and clean when starting and ending your shift.
- Answer questions coming from residents, students, parents, faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Be polite and courteous.
- Dress neatly.
- Always be professional.
- Responsive and timely service.
- Courteous and helpful service.
- Consistent and dependable service.
- Action to resolve concerns, problems and complaints.
- Provide correct information.
- Suggestions and available resource information.
- The Halls are open 24-hours, 7 days a week.
- The Area Administrative Associate and the Community Assistant Coordinator (CAC) will jointly supervise Community Assistants.
- Community Assistants are paid an hourly wage.
- All appointments are considered probationary during the initial six weeks.
- Community Assistant appointments are on a semester-by-semester basis.
- Job performance will be reviewed each semester by the supervisor.