University Housing at NC State invites you to stay in one of our guest apartments located at E.S. King Village. This is a comfortable, convenient and economical alternative for guests affiliated with the University who want to stay close to campus. If you are interested in short-term apartment-style guest accommodations for four months or less at NC State, please complete the reservation form below.
Limited Guest Housing is available on campus during the university’s continued response to COVID-19. Please know that we may not be able to accept all requests for reservations at this time.
Please review NC State University’s response to COVID-19 at ncsu.edu/coronavirus for additional information.
Reservations must be made via our website at least one week prior to your arrival. Reservation requests are reviewed in the order in which they are received. After submitting an online request, a confirmation e-mail will be sent if a room is available for the date(s) you indicated. If space is not available, you will receive an email indicating so. You can expect a response within 2-4 business days after we receive your request.
To make a reservation, please complete the guest apartment reservation form below.
- At this time, guest housing is limited to stays of a minimum of five (5) nights, and a maximum of 4 months during an academic year.
- Please read the Guest Apartment Housing Terms and Conditions (found at the end of the reservation form.) By completing the reservation form, you are agreeing to those terms.
- Guest Housing is designed to offer accommodation for short-term stays only. Semester-based and Long-term accommodations are reserved for NC State students and staff and must be submitted through the Housing Application process via MyPack Portal. You may contact email@example.com for additional information about long-term housing options for NC State affiliates.
Unless prior approval is given, all guests must check-out and return their keys no later than 3:00 p.m. on the scheduled date of departure or be charged for an additional night.
- Guests must be either affiliated with the University as a 1) visiting faculty/staff member; 2) a sponsored guest of a University department or faculty/staff member; 3) as a prospective student needing accommodations during an official University visit; or 4) as the private guest of an NC State University employee or current University Housing resident.
The following rates are in effect for all reservations confirmed on or after December 10, 2020. Note that we no longer offer monthly rates. All charges for guests are calculated at a per night rate for the duration of the stay.
- One Bedroom Apartment at ES King Village – $50 nightly [see 360° tour above]
- One Bedroom Apartment in other communities (Wolf Village, Wolf Ridge, Avent Ferry) – $60 nightly
- Two Bedroom Apartment in Wolf Village or Wolf Ridge – $65 nightly
- Private furnished apartments
- Fully furnished (one Queen or one Full-size bed)
- Sheets, pillows, comforter, towels, and washcloths are provided
- Coffee maker, pots, pans, dishes, standard cooking and eating utensils, iron, and ironing board
- Kitchens have a stove, microwave, and a full-size refrigerator
- High speed NC State WiFi in all units (access to “ncsu-guest” network for non-affiliates)
- Laundry room on-site with complimentary use for guests and residents
- Cable television in Wolf Village, Wolf Ridge, and Avent Ferry apartments
- (Note: Cable service is NOT available in units at ES King Village)
- Guest apartments do NOT have in-room phone service
A parking permit is required for all vehicles parked on campus from Monday – Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Guests may purchase parking permits directly from NC State Transportation. Please call (919) 515-3424 or visit their website for more information.
Prepayment is required for all Guest Apartment reservations unless the cost will be covered by inter-departmental transfer from an NC State University department. You may pay by using a Visa or MasterCard (credit or debit) online using our secure payment system. You will be directed to a website to make payment for your stay when you receive your confirmation email.
Payments can also be made in the form of a U.S. check or U.S. money order made out to “NC State University” and mailed to us. Check or money order payments must be received at least 5 full business days prior to arrival.
If you fail to make payment within the allotted timeframe, we reserve the right to release your room. Upon receipt of payment, your room reservation is confirmed. If you are staying beyond one month, a payment plan may be established, with payment due on the first of each month. In person payments are not possible. The desk staff and RA on duty cannot accept payments for guest housing.
Cancellations and Refunds
We require that all cancellations be submitted and received at least 72-hours before the anticipated date of arrival. We reserve the right to charge a cancellation fee of one night’s rent if not given 72-hours notice. Refunds will be promptly issued for proper cancellations.
For guest apartments inquiries, or to follow up regarding an existing reservation, please contact our Guest Housing Coordinator via the email address below. You may typically expect a response within 2 business days.
Guest Housing Reservations Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Conference and Guest Services Office: 919.515.4398
Current on-campus guests needing urgent assistance during their stay may contact the ES King Village Service Desk, located in the ES King Commons building on Jackson Street. Please note that Service Desk staff are not able to answer questions about availability or reservation modifications:
Service Desk Hours: 8:00 a.m. – 8:00 p.m., 7 Days/Week
In the event of an on-campus emergency, please call NC State Police at 919.515.3000 or call 911.