For early arrival between August 14-16, 2018
When available, the option to arrive on campus prior to the first day of check-in is available to the following students:
- Students who are members of university-sponsored group or students in opening activities
- Students who submit requests and receive approval
Early Move-In Unloading Placards (before August 19)
- Spaces will be reserved near the entrances of residential areas for unloading vehicles, for a maximum of 45-minutes. Find your residence hall below, print the placard/map associated with your area and display on your vehicle’s dashboard.
For Members of an Approved Organization or Group
- If your name is on the list, you will see a message with several important links. Read the message and visit all the links.
- If your name is not on the list, a message will be displayed with the name and contact number of the sponsor.
For Individual Students
All individual students requesting to arrive prior to August 17 must complete the early check-in reservation in MyPack Portal. Once logged in, use the link go.ncsu.edu/housing and select “Early Arrival”
Once the student has completed and submitted the early check-in reservation request, the form will be emailed to and reviewed by the appropriate University Housing staff members. The student will be notified by email if the request is approved or not within 48-hours.
Non-village residents will be assessed a daily charge of $50 per person per day to check in prior to August 17. Charges will be billed to the resident’s account during the first few weeks of fall term. Check with your sponsor about charges. Some sponsors pay the charge for their group.
Note: Early check-in reservations submitted the same day as arrival may not be honored.
Individual Early Check-In Dates and Times
- Tuesday, August 14, 9 am – 4 pm
- Wednesday, August 15, 9 am – 4 pm
- Thursday, August 16, 9 am – 4 pm
Individual Early Check-In Locations
East Residential Area
- Quad Commons (formerly Honors Village Commons) Student Service Desk for Gold, Welch, Syme, Becton, Berry, and Bagwell halls
- Avent Ferry Complex Student Service Desk Building D for Avent Ferry Complex
- Wood Hall Student Service Desk for Wood Hall
- North Hall Student Service Desk for North and Watauga halls
Central Residential Area
- University College Commons Student Service Desk for Tucker, Turlington, Alexander and Owen halls
- Metcalf Student Service Desk for Bowen, Carroll, and Metcalf halls
West Residential Area
- Bragaw Student Service Desk for Bragaw Hall
- Lee Student Service Desk for Lee Hall
- Sullivan Student Service Desk for Sullivan Hall
- Wolf Village Apartments Student Service Desk
- Red, Gray, Timber, and MacKenzie Hall residents – Check in at Red Hall
- Arctic, Baffin, Caspian, and Hudson Hall residents – Check in at Caspian Hall
- Wolf Ridge Apartments Student Service Desk in Tower Hall