Room Selection occurs each spring semester and allows current residents the opportunity to return to University Housing for the following school year. A new application must be completed each year. Space is limited due to the first-year live-on requirement, so please read carefully!
Who is Eligible for Room Selection?
You must be a currently enrolled student with an active housing assignment for the spring 2020 semester to participate in room selection. Students not currently in housing can apply for housing beginning February 24, 2020.
STEP 1 – Apply to participate in Room Selection
ALL CURRENT ON-CAMPUS RESIDENTS who want to remain in on-campus housing (including Living and Learning Villages) for the Fall 2020/Spring 2021 school year must complete a Room Selection Application by 11:00 p.m., February 3, 2020. [do it right now] The Room Selection Application is not the Housing Application and does not commit you to University Housing, nor does it guarantee you a space in housing. It enters you into the room selection process and gives you the opportunity to participate in step 2 of the selection process.
Living and Learning Villages
- The village application is now part of the Room Selection Application.
- Returning students who are interested in returning to, or joining a new village next year must complete the Room Selection Application by the February 3 deadline,
- AND once accepted to a Village you will complete your room selection with your Village prior to February 7.
WATCH THIS VIDEO: How to complete the Housing and Village Application (updated Jan. 2020)
STEP 2 – Complete Room Selection
Room Selection time blocks will be available on Monday, February 10. Look for an email from University Housing for more details. Your room selection time block indicated when you or your roommate group will be able to access the housing selection pages for an opportunity to select housing for 2020-2021.
New Process highlights
- You must be able to fill the space you are planning to select with a roommate group. Example: if you are planning to select a 4 bedroom apartment in Wolf Village or Wolf Ridge you must have a roommate group of 4. If you are selecting a double room, you must have a roommate group of 2.
- A limited number of singles will be available in the room selection process for rising seniors.
- We have added more apartments into your room selection options. There will be a limited number of 1 bedroom, double occupancy apartments available in ES King Village for undergraduate returning students.
Roommate Groups – If you are part of a roommate group, your designated group leader will be the one to select and assign each roommate to bed spaces in the selected location. If you are part of a roommate group but are not the group leader you will not need to do anything during the on-line selection process. Once you agree to be a part of a roommate group, you are giving the group leader the ability to select housing for everyone in the roommate group. Once a group leader selects housing, you are officially committed to campus housing for the next academic year.
Room Selection Tips
- Please look for the Helpful Hint boxes throughout the room selection process for tips on navigating each step.
- We recommend that roommate groups make the person in the group with the best time block the group leader. This is the person who will make the selection for the group.
- If you are part of a roommate group you don’t need to log into the housing portal during the selection process since your group leader will be making the selection and assignment group members to bed spaces.
- The room selection process will only display buildings and rooms that are available. If you don’t see a building, that indicates all available rooms have been selected.
- Once you select a space you will have 10 minutes to complete your selection. If you don’t finalize your selection in the 10 minute time frame the selected space will be released and may be selected by another student. A countdown clock will appear in the red navigation bar.
- If you are part of a roommate group; once your group leader assigns you to a space and finalizes the selection, you are also committed to housing and the terms and conditions for the 2020-2021 Housing Agreement.
- Review your housing selection before clicking the Finalize Selection button because once you do this, your housing selection cannot be changed and you are committed to housing and the terms and conditions of the 2020-2021 Housing Agreement.
- On the Confirmation page, you must click the blue Finalize Selection button to complete your housing selection.
- Once you have completed selection please log out of the housing portal.
If you get an error when starting the room selection process, please keep trying. It could be caused by heavy traffic on the server.
- November 18: “Housing Selection Application” opens for current residents
- February 03: Due date for current University Housing residents to submit the “Housing Selection Application”
- February 13: Graduate room selection
- February 13-15: Returning Wolf Ridge selection
- February 17-18: Current new freshmen and students with less than 61 credits select
- February 19: Students with less than 92 credits select
- February 20: Students with more than 92 credits select
- February 21: Open Selection – roommate group restriction removed
- February 24: 2020-2021 Housing Application becomes available for students who are not currently in University Housing
- April 23, 2020: Round 2, returning student housing offers begin. Keep an close eye on your NC State email account.