ResNet is the residential computer network service provided to students living at NC State. ResNet lets you connect your personal computer directly to NC State’s computer network and, through the University network, to the Internet.
ResNet High-Speed Internet
- ResNet is automatically provided to all students living in residence halls, Wolf Ridge and Wolf Village for a fee of $140 per semester/person.
- System requirements and other information are available on the ResNet website.
- During check-in, if you need assistance with your network connection or need antivirus software installed, please call the NC State Help Desk at (919) 515-HELP (4357) or bring your computer to the OIT Walk-in Center located in the West Dunn Building.
- After check-in, students should contact ResNet for help by sending an email or calling the NC State Help Desk at (919) 515-HELP (4357).
- Wolf TV includes more than 100 high-definition, digital channels of entertainment, news, and information; including four local channels.
- In residence halls, Wolf TV costs $192.50 per room, per semester and the charge is placed on the resident’s account when the resident signs up for service.
- Only one resident per room may sign up for Wolf TV.
- After sign-up, Wolf TV is activated in one business day.
- In Wolf Village apartments, Wolf Ridge apartments, and some Greek Village houses, every resident is charged $46 per semester for service activated in all rooms.
- Televisions with non-clear QAM digital tuners will not receive the Wolf TV signal. Visit the WolfTV website for the channel lineup, converter box information and troubleshooting steps.