Early Arrival for Individuals and Groups (non-village)
For early arrival between August 14-16, 2017
When available, the option to arrive on campus prior to the first day of check-in is available to the following students:
- Students who are members of university-sponsored group or students in opening activities
- Students who submit requests and receive approval
Early Move-In Unloading Placards (before August 17)
Print the early check-in unloading placard (coming soon). Fill in the date and the residence hall/apartment you will be moving into. Placards are valid in reserved loading areas for one hour or in nearby permit spaces for two hours if reserved spaces are full. An unloading placard must be clearly displayed on the dashboard of the vehicle at all times. View the early check-in unloading areas map (coming soon).
*Tram service will be available for Bowen, Carroll, and Metcalf residence halls from 8:30 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. on Thursday, August 16. Follow the signs to access the Coliseum Parking Deck from Cates Avenue. Staff will be available to assist you.
Reserved spaces are for unloading only. Once you have completed your unloading, move your vehicle(s) to the areas designated for early check-in long-term parking.
For Members of an Approved Organization or Group
- If the student’s name is on the list, (s)he will see a message with several important links. Read the message and visit all the links.
- If the student’s name is not on the list, a message will be displayed with the name and contact number of the sponsor.
For Individual Students
All individual students requesting to arrive prior to August 17 must complete the early check-in reservation in MyPack Portal. Once logged in, use the link go.ncsu.edu/housing and select “Early Arrival”. Applications open July 24.
Once the student has completed and submitted the early check-in reservation request, the form will be emailed to and reviewed by the appropriate University Housing staff members. The student will be notified by email if the request is approved or not within 48-hours.
Residents will be assessed a daily charge of $50 per person per day to check in prior to August 17. Charges will be billed to the resident’s account during the first few weeks of fall term. Check with your sponsor about charges. Some sponsors pay the charge for their group.
Note: Early check-in reservations submitted the same day as arrival may not be honored.
Individual Early Check-In Dates and Times
- Tuesday, August 14, 9 am – 4 pm
- Wednesday, August 15, 9 am – 4 pm
- Thursday, August 16, 9 am – 4 pm
Individual Early Check-In Locations
East Residential Area
- Honors Village Commons Student Service Desk for Gold, Welch, Syme, Becton, Berry, and Bagwell halls
- Avent Ferry Complex Student Service Desk Building D for Avent Ferry Complex
- Wood Hall Student Service Desk for Wood Hall
- North Hall Student Service Desk for North and Watauga halls
Central Residential Area
- University College Commons Student Service Desk for Tucker, Turlington, Alexander and Owen halls
- Metcalf Student Service Desk for Bowen, Carroll, and Metcalf halls
West Residential Area
- Bragaw Student Service Desk for Bragaw Hall
- Lee Student Service Desk for Lee Hall
- Sullivan Student Service Desk for Sullivan Hall
- Wolf Village Apartments Student Service Desk in Gray Hall
- Wolf Ridge Apartments Student Service Desk in Tower Hall