Get Started with University Housing
When you live on campus, you’ll be at the heart of the Wolfpack nation, making it easy to be a part of all that NC State has to offer. Whether you’re looking for the close-knit community of a village or the diverse social opportunity of a traditional residence hall, we have the housing option that’s right for you.
What to Do First
- Apply for housing: While there are no actual deadlines to apply for housing at this time, spaces do fill up quickly. Room and village assignments are generally made on a first-come, first-served basis. If you are fairly certain you will attend NC State, you should complete your housing and village applications as soon as you are accepted. If you decide not to attend NC State, you can cancel your housing application without penalties.
- Find a place to live: You have a lot of student housing options to choose from, ranging from residence halls to our Wolf Village Apartments. Find the ones that you like best.
- Find a roommate: Use our custom roommate matching app to connect you with other NC State students seeking on-campus roommates.
After You Apply for Housing
Make changes if necessary: Changes to your housing application can be made using MyPack Portal until you’re assigned. Once you’re assigned, changes can be made by University Housing staff only.
See your housing assignment: Housing assignments are released in mid-May for the upcoming academic year.
Frequently Asked Questions
What size are the beds? Is laundry included? Get answers to students’ most common questions.
Get the details you need to make your transition to living at NC State a smooth one.
- ADA accommodations
- Service and assistance animals
- Housing and roommate agreements
- Community standards