Welcome to the Wolfpack!
Living on campus is an essential part of the Wolfpack experience: that’s why students are required to live in University Housing their first year.
When NC State students arrive on campus, they know they can count on receiving an exceptional educational experience that will prepare them for the future. Whether they’re heading out into the work world or are pursuing advanced study, they’ll gain the knowledge necessary to be successful. But many of their most crucial experiences–those that elicit empathy and understanding, and personal growth—won’t occur in a research lab or lecture hall.
Nearly 10,000 students live in residence halls and on-campus apartments. Whether you are looking to find an intimate community by living in a village or prefer the energy of everything NC State offers right outside your door, we have a place in University Housing for you to call your home away from home. Each community offers something unique, from building styles to amenities like computer labs, picnic areas, volleyball courts and convenience stores.
- We get involved in club sports, student organizations, community outreach, and more.
- We live and learn by the experiences both inside and outside the classroom.
- We grow new skills in independent living, leadership, management, and more.
You’ll be at the heart of the Wolfpack nation, making it easy to keep your pulse on all that NC State has to offer. Exposure to new people, places, activities, and ideas are all part of the transformative process through which students explore their interests and passions and begin to chart a path that will bring them both personal and professional fulfillment.
- We Think and Do independently and together.
- We build a network that will support us throughout life.
- We immerse ourselves in the lives of our fellow Pack members.
Our primary goal is to see students succeed – both academically and socially. We invest a significant amount of time and energy into training students to be leaders within their residential communities. Together, our professional and student staff members work to create a positive environment for all of our residents. From more than 3,000 programs and events in the halls to tutoring and mentoring, our job is student success.
- We access resources in academic and career guidance.
- We protect our pack with over 50 sworn officers. We engage with emergency training classes, safety workshops, and wellness programs.
- We stay healthy with healthy dining options and world-class mental, health, and recreational facilities.
We know that living on campus is not for everyone. As diverse of a population as we are, we know that some students should and will be exempt. Based on years of demographic data, we estimate that a small percentage of incoming first-year students will qualify for one of the following exemptions. An appeals process is also available for students with extenuating circumstances.
- Students 21 or older by the first day of class
- Students under the age of 17 by the first day of class
- Students who are legally married
- Students with legal dependents