Moving into your on-campus room or apartment is an exciting yet hectic time for both new and returning students. The University Housing staff is here to help. We’ll do our very best to make the move-in process as easy and simple as possible so you can settle into your new home as quickly as possible.
Spring 2018 Move-In
Important Dates and Times
- Students assigned to residence halls may begin moving into their assigned rooms beginning Wednesday, January 3, 2018, at 12:00 p.m.
- Incoming spring students are scheduled for New Student and Family Orientation on January 4, 2018 (first-year) and January 5, 2018 (transfer) –
- Get ready for Winter Welcome Week January 4 – 14!
- First Day of Classes Monday, January 8, 2018
- Room Selection for Fall 2018/Spring 2019 starts in early February
Frequently Asked Questions
What should residents do in the event of inclement weather?
With the possibility of inclement weather in the forecast, please check NC State University’s home page for the latest university-related information. You can check driving conditions throughout North Carolina on the NCDOT website.
Where do I go when I arrive on campus to move in?
For spring semester, students will go directly to the service desk of their assigned residence hall to check in and obtain their room key. Please visit your residence hall webpage to become familiar with your building and location. If you haven’t viewed your assignment yet, you can do so on MyPack Portal.
Where do I park during move-in?
The following guidelines are in place to assist parents and students with parking for moving into residence halls (January 3, 2018):
Spaces will be reserved near the entrances of residential areas for unloading vehicles, for a maximum of 1 hour. Find your residence hall here for specified unloading areas.
Once you have completed your unloading, move your vehicle(s) to the areas designated for long-term parking here. (Parking is valid for January 3, 2018, only).
For additional information about NC State Transportation please visit their website: ncsu.edu/transportation.
How should I pack to make moving in easier?
To be certain that your belongings make it to your room safely, please follow these guidelines when packing:
- Pack everything in suitcases or plastic storage bins. Loose items are more likely to get lost and create more trips back and forth. In the event of inclement weather, your belongings will be much safer in a box than on their own!
- Get to know your new roommate and make an effort to avoid duplicating items for your room. Remember that you don’t need to buy everything before you get here. Sometimes you will even have a better idea of what you need once you are here.
- Size matters! Remember that, in some cases, you may need to use stairs to move your belongings. You will likely want to avoid bulky or heavy items.
- Be informed! Make sure that you have read the Community Guidelines and know what is and is not allowed in your room. This will save time and effort for everyone.