Moving into your on-campus room or apartment is an exciting time for both new and returning students. The University Housing staff is here to help. We’ll do our very best to make the move-in process easy so you can settle into your new home as quickly as possible.
Fall 2018 Move-In
Friday, August 17 – 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Volunteers will be available to assist with unloading.
Saturday, August 18 – 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. Volunteers will be available to assist with unloading.
Sunday, August 19 – All day. Residents should check in at their 24-hour service desk)
Where to Check-In
August 16, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (check in at the big tent next to the Tucker/Owen beach)
August 17, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (check in at the big tent next to the Tucker/Owen beach)
August 18, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (check in at the big tent next to the Tucker/Owen beach)
- In the event of rain, check-in will be moved inside
- Bowen, Carroll, Metcalf – study lounge (ground floor)
- Tucker, Owen, Turlington, Alexander – University College Commons
August 16, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
August 17, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
August 18, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- Avent Ferry Complex, Wood Hall, Quad Commons (formerly Honors Village Commons), North Hall
- Everyone checks in at 24-hour service desk
- Syme Hall, Gold Hall, Welch Hall, Watauga
- Everyone checks in at the Triad Pavilion located in the Triad courtyard
- In the event of rain, Triad Pavilion check-in will be moved to the Syme Hall lounge
- Bragaw Hall: Bragaw Activity Room
- Lee Hall: Lee Lobby
- Sullivan Hall: Check in under the pyramids by the elevator tower
Wolf Ridge and Wolf Village
- Wolf Ridge Apartments: All residents check in at the Tower Hall lobby desk
- Wolf Village Apartments:
- Red, Gray, Timber, and MacKenzie Hall residents – Check in at Red Hall
- Arctic, Baffin, Caspian, and Hudson Hall residents – Check in at Caspian Hall
Unloading Placards (August 14 – 18)
Spaces will be reserved near the entrances of residential areas for unloading vehicles, for a maximum of 45-minutes.Please visit NC State Transportation for early move-in maps and unloading permits.
Tram service will be available for village residents in Bowen and Metcalf halls on Thursday, August 16 from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. All Tri-Tower residents in Bowen, Carroll, and Metcalf halls may use the tram service on Friday and Saturday from 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Follow the signs to access the Coliseum Parking Deck from Cates Avenue. Staff will be available to assist you.
Reserved spaces are for unloading only. Once you have completed your unloading, move your vehicle(s) to the areas designated for early check-in long-term parking.
2018 Wolf Den Design Challenge
Do you and your roommate have what it takes to win a campus-wide room design challenge? Do you want to show off your talents for accessorizing or your passion for the Wolfpack and be crowned this year’s winner(s) of the annual Wolf Den Design Challenge? $1,500 in total prizes awarded via gift cards to NC State Dining, Wolfpack Outfitters, and more!Enter the 2018 Wolf Den Room Design Competition
Print this PDF packing list or save a copy of the Google Doc. Before you go shopping, be sure to talk with your roommate and compare notes. Some items are better shared between roommates like coffee pots, curtains, lounge chairs, area rugs, etc. Here are some sustainable ideas from our friends at NC State’s Waste Reduction and Recycling department to save you money and room clutter.
Love to ride your bike? Check out NC State’s convenient and popular bike-share program LimeBike! The new program means you may want to leave your own bike at home to avoid theft or damage. New this fall – check out the motorized LimeBikes!
Early Move-In Information
Living and Learning Villages
- Albright Entrepreneurs Village – Tuesday, August 14, 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. | Wolf Ridge Apartments
- Arts Village – Thursday, August 16, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. | Turlington Hall
- Black Male Initiative – Tuesday, August 14, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. | Avent Ferry Complex
- EcoVillage – Thursday, August 16, 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. | Bragaw Hall
- Engineering Village – August 16 and 17, 9:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. | Metcalf Hall * Tram Service
- Exploratory Studies Village – Thursday, August 16, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. | Tucker and Owen halls
- Global Village – (International students) – Tuesday, August 14, starting at 9:00 a.m. US students may move in on the 16th, 10:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. | Alexander Hall
- Honors and Scholars Village – (Kickstart participants only) Thursday, August 16, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. | Berry, Becton, Bagwell
- Impact Leadership – Thursday, August 16, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. | Bowen Hall * Tram Service
- Native Space – Tuesday, August 14, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. | Wood Hall
- SAY Village – Thursday, August 16, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. | Syme Hall
- S.T.A.T.E Village – Thursday, August 16, 1:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. | Wolf Village Apartments
- Wellness Village – Thursday, August 16, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. | Wood Hall
- WISE Village – Thursday, August 16, 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m. | Lee Hall
- WOW Village – Thursday, August 16, 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. | Welch Hall
Early Arrival for Members of an Approved Organization or Group
- If your name is on the list, you will see a message with several important links. Read the message and visit all the links.
- If your name is not on the list, a message will be displayed with the name and contact number of the sponsor.
Early Arrival for Approved Individual Students
All individual students requesting to arrive prior to August 17 must complete the early check-in reservation in MyPack Portal. Once logged in, use the link go.ncsu.edu/housing and select “Early Arrival”
Once the student has completed and submitted the early check-in reservation request, the form will be emailed to and reviewed by the appropriate University Housing staff members. The student will be notified by email if the request is approved or not within 48-hours.
Non-village residents will be assessed a daily charge of $50 per person per day to check in prior to August 17. Charges will be billed to the resident’s account during the first few weeks of fall term. Check with your sponsor about charges. Some sponsors pay the charge for their group.
Please Note: Early check-in reservations submitted the same day as arrival may not be honored.