The Summer Start program assists incoming students with the transition to NC State through five weeks of academic courses and social activities on campus. Summer Start provides students with a jump-start on their college experience while introducing them to the culture of NC State. To learn more about the program, visit the Summer Start website.
Students are strongly encouraged to consider living on-campus during the program. However, living on-campus in University Housing is not required for the Summer Start program in 2021. Please note: new first-year students should expect to live on-campus during the fall 2021 semester as required by the First-Year Live On Requirement.
Living on-campus, where evening and weekend programs are available, can assist participants in developing skills that are important to the academic and personal success, including:
- communication skills
- study skills
- leadership skills
- research processes and procedures
- critical thinking skills
- time management skills
- social and networking skills
- knowledge of campus and student resources
- knowledge of the local environment
- knowledge and appreciation of other cultures
- Room cost (including laundry, streaming and resnet): $793.00 (subject to change)
You can learn more about the tuition and fees associated with Summer Start as well as potential financial aid opportunities here.
How to apply for Summer Start Housing
- Information about Summer 2021 housing options coming soon.
- Summer Housing application is available now in myPack portal > Campus Living > look for summer housing application in the red navigation bar.
- Please select “Summer Start” as the summer term and “Summer Start Program” as the summer plan when completing the application.
- Summer Start housing applications do not include fall/spring semesters, that is a separate application.
Find more information about preparing for the Summer Start program here!