The world is at your doorstep in the Global Village. Are you thinking of studying abroad or wish you could study abroad? This is the best experience to prepare you for that endeavor. Residents from across the world come to reside at the Global Village. Students who live in the Global Village are interested in living and interacting with people from different backgrounds, experiences, countries, and viewpoints. The community’s focus is one of global awareness, understanding, and experience. The Global Village is located in Alexander Hall.
Unique Village Features
- The pairing of international students and U.S. students as roommates
- Student Ambassadors to assist in acclimating international students to U.S. Culture
- A faculty-led programming series on global and cultural issues
- Discussion programs focusing on international issues and global awareness
- A place for students to practice their language skills
- A more typical U.S. college experience for international students
- Excursions to events/sites within North Carolina, New York City and Washington D.C.
How to Apply
- Whether you are new to on-campus housing or want to transfer into the Global Village from another residence hall, you need to complete a village application in MyPack Portal. This application is in addition to the University Housing Application, which you must complete first.
- Once logged in to MyPack Portal, click on Student Self Services. From the drop down menus, choose University Housing and Prospective Residents. Then click on the University Housing application link. Select a term and fill out the housing application. Once you finish your housing application, then click the village application link under the housing application link in the Prospective Residents section.
- Village applications for the fall semester open in December.
- Village applications for the spring semester open in October.
- Once accepted into the Global Village, participants who are returning NC State students may choose spaces in the village through the housing selection process.
- Global Village assignments staff members reserve the right to change your room assignment.
- We strive to pair all U.S. students with international roommates.
- Global Village residents may not have a non-village roommate. Roommates must be a part of the village.
Global Village Requirements
- Be an active participant within the Global Village community.
- Participate in a minimum of five hall programs each semester.
- Attend the Global Village orientation before school begins in the fall.
- Complete five hours of volunteer service each semester.
- Remain in good academic standing with the university (minimum 2.0 GPA)
- Abide by the Student Code of Conduct and University Housing Community Standards.
- Note: Priority is given to CHASS majors
*These requirements are subject to change. Participants will be notified if a change occurs.