How do I check out?
- Attend your RA’s closing meeting. You will receive instructions related to the checkout process for your hall.
- Schedule a check-out meeting with an RA.
- Clean your room and common areas. Discard all trash in the dumpsters and recycle bins.
- Remove all personal belongings from your room and common areas before checking out with your RA.
- Leave the empty trash and recycle bins and other university property in the room.
- Report any damages using the online work order system.
- Close and lock all windows, turn off all lights, unplug microfridge, close and lock all doors.
- To avoid charges, return your key to the RA or Desk as instructed during your building’s closing floor meeting.
- Prior to departing, residents will conduct closing walk-throughs with an RA to check the room condition at check-out compared to the condition at move-in.
Where can I park to load my car?
NC State Transportation relaxes parking enforcement in residential areas during finals week. Please print and display a parking placard while you are loading. Students are allowed 45 minutes to load their vehicle.
What do I need to clean?
- Sweep/vacuum the floor (including under furniture), take trash to the dumpster, remove wall hangings and all personal belongings.
- Don’t dump unwanted belongings – participate in NC State’s Wolfpack-n-give!
- Residence Halls: Clean out the refrigerator and microwave and unplug them.
- Wolf Ridge and Wolf Village Apartments: Clean the stove, oven, microwave, refrigerator, and both bathrooms. Both bathrooms, living room and kitchen are considered common areas so everyone is responsible for returning them clean.
What if I lost my keys or accidentally take them home?
If you have lost your key, notify University Housing (919) 515-2440 and ask to be put in contact with your building’s Assistant Director for assistance. If you take your keys home, immediately contact the Residence Director or Assistant Director of your hall. You will need to mail the keys back to University Housing at:
attn: DASA Facilities
Campus Box 7315
Raleigh, NC 27695-7315
Please include your hall and room information.
To avoid being billed for a lock core change, your keys must be received before your lock is changed. Please be aware, that most lock core changes must occur immediately due to Summer School or Summer Conference housing.
What if I accidentally leave belongings here?
University Housing does not provide storage for personal belongings after vacating and closing of residential spaces. If you accidentally leave an item behind: immediately contact University Housing at (919) 515-2440 to be put in contact with the Residence Director or Assistant Director of your hall.
What about my mail?
If you are staying on campus for the summer but have a different campus address, your address will be updated in the system and mail should be forwarded.
If you are not staying on campus, you need to do a few things to help get your mail redirected. First, please update your mailing address information in the MyPack system. You also need to complete the online Updater form. A private link will be emailed to you from University Housing.
What if I need to stay past the closing date?
Due to work that needs to occur in the halls over the summer, most of our facilities need to be vacated and ready for construction on May 15. So, we are unable to accommodate requests beyond the closing dates.
If you signed up for Summer School prior to April 1 and have a Summer School assignment, we will work with you to transition you from your Spring assignment to your Summer Assignment. If you are transitioning between the Spring and Summer assignment and desire to stay in your Spring assignment until able to move into your Summer assignment, please speak with your Residence Director. We will try to accommodate your request if possible.
Where can I find information about graduation housing for my family and friends?
University Housing has limited guest accommodations available. Reservations are made in date order of the applications. Information is available on the University Housing website under Guest Housing.
Where can I find information about housing for summer sessions?
Information is available on the University Housing website under Resident Resources / Summer Housing