Living on campus is an essential part of the Wolfpack experience: that’s why students are required to live in University Housing their first year.
Studies by professional researchers have determined that college students who live on campus feel more included, are more prepared after graduation and have higher GPAs than their off campus peers. We want NC State to be your home, and here’s why:
- We live with students from all over the world and BUILD OUR NETWORK.
- We ACCESS RESOURCES in academic and career guidance.
- 52 sworn officers PROTECT OUR PACK. We engage with emergency training classes, safety workshops and wellness programs.
- We GET INVOLVED by playing intramural sports, join fraternities and sororities, craft projects and volunteer in our community.
- We GROW NEW SKILLS in independent living, leadership, finance management and more.
- We STAY HEALTHY with healthy dining options and world-class mental, health, and recreational facilities.
College is as much about friendships as it is academics. Our activities and community will help you meet new people and develop life-long friendships. Nearly 10,000 students live in residence halls and on-campus apartments. Whether you are looking to find an intimate community by living in a village or prefer the energy of everything NC State offers right outside your door, we have a place in University Housing for you to call your home away from home. Each community offers something unique, from building styles to amenities like computer labs, picnic areas, volleyball courts and convenience stores.
You’ll be at the heart of the Wolfpack nation, making it easy to keep your pulse on all that NC State has to offer. Walk, bike or take the bus. Living on campus places residents right at the center of everything. With dining halls, libraries, convenience stores and student centers only minutes from your residence hall, you’ll have more time to focus on your academic pursuits.
Our staff members make us unique. You won’t find another residential community that provides the same level of professional and student staffing that we offer at University Housing. Our staff members’ primary goal is to see students succeed – both academically and socially. University Housing invests a significant amount of time and energy into training students to be leaders within their residential communities. These student leaders serve as Resident Mentors, Resident Advisors, Residence Directors and Community Assistants. Together, our professional and student staff members work to create a positive environment for all NC State students. From more than 3,000 programs and events in the halls to tutoring and mentoring, our job is student success.