2017-2018 Academic Year

The agreements reference our Community Standards and Guidelines. Please contact the University Housing Office by calling 919.515.2440 or emailing us with any questions about our agreements. Assignments staff members are also available at the Housing Office, 1112 Pullen Hall, from 8:00am – 5pm (Monday – Friday) to answer your questions.

Roommate Agreement

All students are expected to complete the University Housing Roommate, Suite-mate or Apartment Agreement when they move in. This mandatory agreement between roommates, suite-mates or apartment mates ensures that each individual’s rights are respected and that roommates have discussed their expectations while sharing a room. Clarifying expectations, talking about concerns before they develop into conflict and being willing to compromise help pave the way for successful relationships.

This agreement is by no means all-inclusive, but it can assist in establishing expectations. Individuals of the room, suite or apartment discuss each section and develop guidelines that everyone can agree on and live with for the academic year. Once completed, the terms of the agreement can be renegotiated at any time during the year with the assistance of the RA. Feel free to ask your RA for assistance if needed.

Fee Appeals

Any fee appeals are handled through the University Cashier’s Office. Follow this link for more information from University Cashier’s website.


First-Year Live-On Requirement Appeals

To appeal the first-year live-on requirement, fill out a request for an appeal.