Summer Start Housing
The Summer Start program is a partnership between University Housing and New Student Programs designed to assist incoming students with the transition from high school to college through five weeks of academic courses and social activities. Summer Start provides participants with a solid introduction to the culture of NC State.
Summer Start students enroll in up to eight credit hours of academic courses toward their specific major, as well as a one-credit orientation course covering NC State’s resources. Participants live in Tucker Residence Hall where evening and weekend programs are available to help develop skills important to the academic and personal success. These skills include:
- communication skills
- study skills
- leadership skills
- research processes and procedures
- critical thinking skills
- time management skills
- social and networking skills
- knowledge of campus and student resources
- knowledge of the local environment
- knowledge and appreciation of other cultures
Summer Start Housing Rate:
- Rent (including laundry): $625.00
- ResNet: $57.50
- Total Billed(includes rent and ResNet): $682.50
Applying for Summer Start Housing
- Apply for Summer Start housing (Summer Session II) in MyPack Portal beginning May 16, 2017 at 9 am.
- Request a preferred roommate by adding him/her to your housing application.
- Summer Start housing applications do not include Fall/Spring semesters.