Picture yourself as an RA!
The Resident Advisor (RA), whether in university residence halls or apartments, serves as a liaison between University Housing and residents. Under the supervision of the Community Director (CD) or Residence Director (RD), the RA will fulfill the general requirements and responsibilities in the position description and the Resident Advisor Terms of Appointment. Example RA Terms of Appointment (pdf)
The 2018-2019 academic year RA application will open on October 2nd.
Please check back in September for more information.
- Be a full time enrolled NC State student (maintaining at least 12 undergraduate credits or 9 graduate credits),
- Have a cumulative grade point average of 2.8 or higher at the end of the fall 2017 semester and maintain that average throughout your appointment as an RA.
- Have no active record of University disciplinary action at the time of application or appointment.
- Have at least two completed semesters of on-campus living experience or other approved “similar experiences” prior to employment start date. Current first-year students are eligible to apply since the start date for the position is August 2018.
- Have completed 24 undergraduate credit hours prior to employment start date. Any exception to this policy is subject to the review of University Housing administration.
- Successfully pass a background check.
- Undergraduate students are only allowed to work up to 20 hours per week at NC State or any other UNC System institutions during the academic year. The RA position requires students to work 20 hours per week, so RAs are unable to accept additional employment opportunities. Exceptions may be considered for academic related employment.
- Have completed ECD 220 “Topics in College Student Development” prior to employment start date. Students will receive more information about the class during the RA interview weekend.
Position Description (Coming Soon)
University Housing values the contributions that each member of our diverse community has to offer, holding a firm commitment regarding the creation of an environment where students with a disability can become successful Resident Advisors while being able to fully participate in campus life. University Housing is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Students with a disability who require accommodation should email housing at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you’re interested in being notified when the RA position application open backs up, please leave your contact information below.
If you have any questions about the RA selection process or requirements, please email email@example.com