Spring 2020 Move-In
Important Dates and Times
- Students assigned to residence halls may begin moving into their assigned rooms beginning Thursday, January 2, 2020, at 3:00 p.m.
- Incoming spring first-year students are scheduled for New Student and Family Orientation on January 3, 2020
- Get ready for Winter Welcome Week January 2 – 12!
- First Day of Classes – Monday, January 6, 2020
- Room Selection for Fall 2020/Spring 2021 starts in February. Submit your application by February 3, 2020!
University Housing Office Hours
- December 16-20, 2019: 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
- December 23 – January 1: University Closed for Winter Break
- January 2, 2020: Resume normal business hours 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday – Friday
Frequently Asked Questions
How should I pack my things to make moving in easier?
To be certain that your belongings make it to your room safely, please follow these guidelines when packing:
- Pack everything in suitcases or plastic storage bins. Loose items are more likely to get lost and create more trips back and forth. In the event of inclement weather, your belongings will be much safer in a box than on their own!
- Get to know your new roommate and make an effort to avoid duplicating items for your room. Remember that you don’t need to buy everything before you get here. Sometimes you will even have a better idea of what you need once you are here.
- Size matters! Remember that, in some cases, you may need to use stairs to move your belongings. You will likely want to avoid bulky or heavy items.
- Be informed! Make sure that you have read the Community Guidelines and know what is and is not allowed in your room. This will save time and effort for everyone.
Where do I go when I arrive on campus to move in?
For the spring semester, students will go directly to the service desk of their assigned residence hall to check in and obtain their room key.
Where do I park?
Please register your license plate online for temporary unloading. Registering for a loading/unloading permit for Move-In will allow you to park temporarily in residential zones adjacent to University Housing buildings or in reserved unloading zones. Students are allowed a maximum of 45 minutes to unload their vehicle. Several spaces will be reserved for short-term unloading along Cates Avenue near Tucker and Owen Halls and in the Student Services Lot, on Thurman Drive adjacent to Pullen and Harris Halls. Once unloaded, please move your vehicle to your dedicated parking area or to visitor parking areas in the Dan Allen Deck, Coliseum Deck, or West Deck.