Apply for Housing
Learn About Your Many On-Campus Living Options!
- Residence Halls – We have 20 halls located throughout campus with an array of amenities and floor plans.
- On-Campus Apartments – Boost your independence in one of our on-campus apartment communities.
- Living and Learning Villages – Join one of our close-knit communities built around common interests.
Submit a University Housing Application
- Review our housing agreements before applying.
- Once you have been offered acceptance, submit a University Housing application through MyPack Portal.
- Select Housing Application from the menu.
- Apply as soon as possible to ensure the most compatible location and roommate.
- The University Housing application is separate from Admissions, so don’t procrastinate!
- You may complete a University Housing application before committing to NC State, there is no fee to apply for housing.
Submit a Village Application
After you identify the village(s) that you’re interested in, complete an application for that/those villages in MyPack Portal. The application is open until April 15 but we recommend submitting your housing and village applications early, as housing is assigned on a first come, first served basis and fills up quickly. Residents may apply for more than one village but can only be admitted to one.
Make Changes to Your Housing Application
If you need to update your University Housing application, you may do so in MyPack Portal until you are assigned. Once assigned, changes can only be made by University Housing staff.
View Your Housing Assignment
- All assignments are made in the order applications are received.
- Fall 2018 housing assignments will be available mid-June in MyPack Portal.
- Roommate requests and building preferences are matched whenever possible.
- Returning residents can renew their housing assignment for the following year during room selection (usually in February).