Apply for Housing
Whether you’re an incoming first-year, a transfer or returning student at NC State, you can find your place to call home in University Housing.
Learn About Your On-Campus Living Options
- Residence Halls – We have 20 halls located throughout campus with a wide variety of amenities and floor plans.
- On-Campus Apartments – Boost your independence in one of our on-campus apartment communities.
- Living and Learning Villages – Join one of our close-knit communities built around common interests.
Submit a University Housing Application
New first-year students are required to live on-campus for their first two semesters. Housing after the first year requirement is optional.
- The 2023-24 Academic Year Housing Application opens in early to mid February. Review our housing agreements before applying.
- Once you have been offered acceptance, submit a University Housing application through MyPack Portal as soon as possible. The housing application for incoming students will be available in early to mid February.
- Select Housing Application from the menu.
- Apply as soon as possible to ensure the most compatible roommate and for Living and Learning Village consideration. The deadline to request a roommate is June 1.
- The University Housing application is separate from the admissions application, so don’t procrastinate!
- You may complete a University Housing application before committing to NC State; there is no fee to apply for housing.
Submit a Village Application
- After you identify the village(s) that you’re interested in, complete an application in MyPack Portal.
- Submit your village application along with your housing application. We recommend submitting your housing and village applications early, since housing is typically assigned on a first come, first served basis and fills up quickly.
- Residents may apply for more than one village but can only be admitted to one.
Make Changes to Your Housing Application
If you need to update your University Housing application, you may do so in MyPack Portal until June 1. Once assigned, changes can only be made by University Housing staff.
View Your Housing Assignment
- Fall 2023 housing assignments are available in late June in MyPack Portal.
- Roommate requests are matched whenever possible, but may be dependent on the date of application or a student’s village participation.
- Returning residents can renew their housing assignment for the following year during room selection. For fall 2023, the Room Selection Application for returning students must be submitted by Feb. 3.