Apply for Housing
Whether you’re an incoming first-year, a transfer or returning student at NC State, you can find your place to call home in University Housing.
Learn About Your On-Campus Living Options
- Residence Halls – We have 20 halls located throughout campus with a wide variety of amenities and floor plans.
- On-Campus Apartments – Boost your independence in one of our on-campus apartment communities.
- Living and Learning Villages – Join one of our close-knit communities built around common interests.
Submit a University Housing Application
New first-year students are required to live on-campus for their first two semesters. Housing after the first year requirement is optional.
- The 2024-25 Academic Year Housing Application opens on February 23. Review our housing agreements before applying.
- Once you have been offered acceptance, submit a University Housing application through MyPack Portal as soon as possible. The housing application for incoming students will be available in early to mid February.
- Select Housing Application from the menu.
- Apply as soon as possible to ensure the most compatible roommate and for Living and Learning Village consideration. The deadline to request a roommate is June 1.
- The University Housing application is separate from the admissions application, so don’t procrastinate!
- You may complete a University Housing application before committing to NC State; there is no fee to apply for housing.
- Through the Housing Application, you can create a roommate matching profile. Learn more about the process below!
Submit a Village Application
- After you identify the village(s) that you’re interested in, complete an application in MyPack Portal.
- Submit your village application along with your housing application. We recommend submitting your housing and village applications as early as possible.
- Residents may apply for more than one village but can only be admitted to one.
- DEADLINE: May 15, 2024, at 11:59 p.m.: The last day you can submit a village application with a second-choice village option and make changes to your village application.
Finding a Roommate
The University Housing application includes a section for finding a roommate. In this section of the application you can:
- Find suggested pairings based on a series of listed room/roommate preferences
- Communicate anonymously with potential roommates
- Learn the identity of your roommate when you are ready to match up
Make Changes to Your Housing Application
If you need to update your University Housing application, you may do so in MyPack Portal until June 1. Once assigned, changes can only be made by University Housing staff.
View Your Housing Assignment
- Fall 2024 housing assignments are available in late June in MyPack Portal.
- Once logged in, navigate to “Campus Living” and look for “View Your Assignment” (where you applied for housing). Once at the home page in the housing portal, select Dashboard from the red banner.
- Assignments are randomized throughout all housing communities available to new students. Students accepted into Living Learning Villages are assigned to their Village’s designated community.
- Whenever possible, roommate requests have been honored. However, late applications and requests may not have been possible due to space limitations. Additionally, if one roommate was accepted into a Living Learning Village and the other was not, that also impacted roommate requests.
- Technical Tip: There is a maximum number of students who can be in the housing portal at one time. If you are having trouble logging in, wait a short time and try again. Once you have your assignment information, please log out so other students can access their information.
- Returning residents who would like to live in on-campus housing will have the opportunity to participate in the room selection process during the academic year.