Returning students may apply for on-campus housing through the room selection process.
We are so glad to have you on campus! Learn more about our processes for selecting and changing housing assignments below.
Room Selection Process
Room Selection occurs each spring semester and allows current residents/students the opportunity to return to University Housing for the following school year. A new application must be completed each year. Space is limited due to the first-year live-on requirement, so please read carefully!
To be eligible for Room Selection, you must be a currently enrolled student for the upcoming spring semester. Students with an active upcoming spring housing assignment will get priority in the actual selection process.
2023 Room Selection Timeline
- Nov. 14: application goes live for the 2023-24 Room Selection process
- Feb. 3: deadline to complete the 2023-24 Room Selection application, 5:00 PM
- Feb. 15: UT Priority Room Selection (current residents of UT only)
- Feb. 16: Graduate Room Selection
- Feb. 17: Living and Learning Village Selection
- Feb. 20: Returning Wolf Ridge resident Room Selection
- Feb. 22-23: Option 1 – Current residents with less than 61 credits
- Feb. 23: Option 2 – Current residents with less than 92 credits
- Feb. 24: Option 3 – Current residents with more than 92 credits
- Feb. 27: Option 4 – Open Selection – students without roommates and off-campus students – roommate group restriction removed
Step 1 – Apply to participate in Room Selection
All current students who want to live in on-campus housing (including Living and Learning Villages) for the upcoming school year must complete a Room Selection Application by the application deadline.
The Room Selection Application is a housing application that does not commit you to University Housing nor guarantees you a space in housing. It enters you into the room selection process and allows you to participate in Step 2 of the selection process. You are committed to housing once you select a space or are assigned a space as an individual or as part of a roommate group.
Living and Learning Villages
- The village application is part of the Room Selection Application.
- Returning students who are interested in returning to or joining a new village next year must complete the Room Selection Application by the application deadline.
- Indicate your village interest on the application, rank your top three village options and answer the two village interest application questions. If you are accepted into your top ranked village, you will not be considered for another village.
- Once accepted to a village, you will complete your Room Selection with your village in the weeks following. You will only have the opportunity to select a space in the village for which you are approved.
- Learn more about our village options.
Step 2: Complete Room Selection
Room Selection time blocks will be sent to you in the weeks before the selection process. Look for an email from University Housing for more details.
Your Room Selection time block indicates when you or your roommate group will be able to access the housing selection pages for an opportunity to select housing for the upcoming academic year.
- You must be able to fill the space you plan to select with a roommate group. For example, if you plan to select a 4-bedroom apartment in Wolf Village or Wolf Ridge, you must have a roommate group of four. If you are selecting a double room, you must have a roommate group of two.
- A limited number of singles will be available in the Room Selection process.
- We have added more apartments to your Room Selection options. There will be a limited number of one-bedroom, double occupancy apartments available in ES King Village for undergraduate returning students.
- Priority in Room Selection will go to students with an active spring 2023 housing assignment.
- Students without roommates and off-campus students will have the opportunity to select on-campus housing during Option 4, the “open selection” portion of the Room Selection process.
- The 4-bedroom apartments in Wolf Ridge and Wolf Village are allotted to undergraduate students.
- The 1-, 2- and 3-bedroom apartments in Wolf Ridge are allotted to graduate students.
- If you are part of a roommate group, your designated group leader will be the one to select and assign each roommate to bed spaces in the selected location.
- If you are part of a roommate group but are not the group leader, you will not need to do anything during the online selection process. Once you agree to be a part of a roommate group, you are giving the group leader the ability to select housing for everyone in the roommate group.
- Once a group leader selects housing, you are officially committed to campus housing for the next academic year.
- A roommate group in an earlier option can pull in an off-campus student as long as the off-campus student has a completed Room Selection application.
Room Selection Tips
Please look for the Helpful Hint boxes throughout the Room Selection process for tips on navigating each step.
We recommend that roommate groups make the person in the group with the best time block the group leader. This is the person who will make the selection for the group.
Roommate Matching Events
Looking for a roommate or apartment mate for 2023-2024? Our roommate matching events are a great place to start. Each event will take place from 6 p.m. – 8 p.m. on the dates listed below.
- Thursday, Feb. 2, 2023 – Virtual (link available closer to the event)
- Tuesday, Feb. 7, 2023 – In person, Talley Coastal Ballroom
- Thursday, Feb. 9, 2023 – In person, Talley Piedmont Ballroom
- Monday, Feb. 13, 2023 – Virtual (link available closer to the event)
- Wednesday, Feb. 15, 2023 – In person, Witherspoon 126