We provide summer housing options for NC State students taking summer courses and students with local internships/co-ops.
Summer Start Housing
The Summer Start program assists incoming students with the transition to NC State through five weeks of academic courses and social activities on campus. Summer Start provides students with a jump-start on their college experience while introducing them to the culture of NC State. To learn more about the program, visit the Summer Start website.
- Housing costs (including laundry, streaming and resnet): $844.00 (subject to change)
You can learn more about the tuition and fees associated with Summer Start as well as potential financial aid opportunities here.
How to apply for Summer Start Housing
- Summer Start 2022 is tentatively scheduled to be housed in Tucker Hall.
- The Summer Housing application is available starting March 1 in MyPack Portal.
- Navigate to Campus Living then look for “Summer Housing Application” in the red navigation bar.
- Please select “Summer Start” as the summer term and “Summer Start Program” as the summer plan when completing the application.
- Summer Start housing applications do not include fall/spring semesters; that is a separate application.
- Summer Start assignments will be available in mid to late May.
Find more information about preparing for the Summer Start program here!
Summer Session Housing
- Apply for summer housing through MyPack Portal. The summer housing application opens on March 1, 2022.
- You may live on campus for a single session or both sessions. Please indicate your preference on the housing application.
- Summer session housing, except for Summer Start, is available in Wolf Village and Wolf Ridge. Live in one of our four-bedroom apartments with a full kitchen and single bedrooms.
- Room assignments are made on a first-come, first-served basis and are based on space availability.
- Summer 2022 parking permit sales will begin April 18, 2022. Please visit https://transportation.ncsu.edu/summer-student-permits/ for additional information.
Summer Housing Eligibility
To be in summer session housing students must meet one of the following eligibility requirements and provide supporting documentation.
- Enrolled in summer session classes for the session in housing.
- Working for NC State over the summer.
- Doing a summer co-op or internship.
- Required to be on campus by NC State Athletics.
For summer session I: Students who cancel through April 30 will be charged $200.00. On or after May 1 students are charged $400.
For summer session II: Students who cancel through June 14 will be charged $200.00. On or after June 15 students are charged $400.
Locations, Costs and Dates
Tentative locations for 2023 summer session housing:
- Wolf Ridge Plaza
- Wolf Ridge Lakeview
- Wolf Village – TBA
|Maymester||Summer Session I||Summer Session II||Summer Start|
|Class Dates||May 15-June||May 15 – June 21||June 24 – July 30||TBA|
|Housing Check-in||May 14||May 14 |
|Housing Check-out||June 22 |
by 10 a.m.
by 10 a.m.
by 10 a.m.
|Wolf Village 4-bedroom|
|Wolf Village 4-bedroom|
- Students only attending Maymester will receive a credit to their account prorated for the amount due, after Maymester move-out. The above dates were based off the student services academic calendar which is subject periodic review and revision. Please check with student services to determine if changes have been made. All costs and dates are subject to change.
- NC State’s Office of Information Technology requires all students to pay for ResNet internet ($70.00 per session) and cable TV ($24.00 per session).
- NC State Students: Are you an NC State student working in the Triangle this summer? Have an internship on campus or in the greater Raleigh area? Current NC State students who are completing internships/co-ops and are interested in summer on-campus housing should apply for Summer Session Housing, whether you will be taking classes over the summer or not. Summer Housing for NC State students is available from May 17 – August 3, 2022.
- Non-Affiliated Students: Students who are NOT affiliated with NC State and who are seeking local accommodations should check out our dedicated Summer Intern Housing. Intern housing is available for any degree-seeking post-secondary student, enrolled at another college or university.
End of Summer Options
Summer session II housing closes on Wednesday, August 3. There are three end-of-summer options available for students. Please review the options listed below and complete the Summer/Fall Housing Planning Form by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, July 29.
Option 1 – Check out of Summer II Housing
You can move out of your summer housing when summer session II ends on August 3 by 10 a.m. Remove all of your personal items from your summer session II assignment and return the key(s) to your community service desk. If you are returning to on-campus housing for the fall term, you will move into your fall assignment during opening weekend by scheduling an appointment to check-in between August 18-21.
Option 2 – Move to transition housing
Transition housing in Owen Hall and Tucker Hall is available for students with a current summer II housing assignment who also have a housing assignment for the Fall 2022 semester. This option is available for:
- Students who wish to remain on campus or come/go from campus between August 3-15, and/or
- Students who wish to store personal belongings on campus between August 3-15.
The cost for the transition housing period is $180 and is the same whether you remain on campus or just plan to store personal belongings.
You will be expected to check out of summer housing and into a space in Tucker or Owen Halls by 10 a.m. on Wednesday, August 3. By choosing this option, you will be required to move out of transition housing and into your fall assignment on Monday, August 15 by 10 a.m. Please make your plans accordingly since move out of transition housing cannot be extended. This includes students who store personal belongings. If items are not moved out of student rooms by 10:00 a.m. on Monday, August 15, those items will be discarded.
Option 3 – Remain in your current/fall assignment
If you would like to utilize transition housing, and you are currently living in the same assignment you will have for the fall, you may remain in your space during the period between summer session II and fall 2022 move-in. You will not have to move to Owen or Tucker Hall. If you stay in housing and/or leave your items in your current/fall assignment, you will be charged $180 for the transition housing period. This includes if you live in a graduate space in Wolf Ridge Apartments.