E.S. King Village Apartments
E.S. King Village is an apartment community serving sophomores, juniors, seniors, graduate students, post-doctoral students, students with families and NC State faculty and staff. E.S. King Village is more than just a place to lay your head — it’s a community. Through its community garden, playground, volleyball, basketball and tennis courts, village council and on-site resident advisors (RAs), you’ll be engaged and connected to the university and greater Triangle area.
At E.S. King Village you’ll be a part of history while shaping your future. The community was originally built to house veterans and their families after World War II. Today, E.S. King Village still serves students with families and married couples, but it has expanded to embody a diverse cross-section of the student, faculty and staff member population.
- Convenient to both Main and Centennial campuses, Wolfline, Go Raleigh and Go Triangle bus routes
- Studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments
- Furnished or unfurnished options available
- Buildings D, F and G are reserved for undergraduates in one-bedroom, double-occupancy apartments
- Ample parking – Permit-required, exterior/open air entrances
- Computer labs/ study areas
- ResNet high-speed internet and streaming services – required fees
- Fitness room and recreational space with volleyball, basketball and tennis courts
- Community garden and outdoor green space
- Two laundry facilities on site
- Outdoor gazebo and grills
- Playgrounds and programs for children
- On-site maintenance staff members
- Flexible payment options
- Fire suppression system
- ADA apartments available
The Housing Agreement outlines specifics regarding occupancy in the apartments of this community. That includes:
- Students or employees assigned to ES King Village or Western Manor may have a spouse and/or legal dependents assigned to the apartment with prior approval from University Housing.
- Another NC State student is not an eligible additional occupant, unless they are a spouse and/or legal dependent of the primary applicant.
- The limit to the number of people residing in one apartment (primary applicant plus any additional occupant(s)) is as follows:
- Studio apartment: 2
- One bedroom: 3
- Two bedroom: 4
To be eligible for housing in E.S. King Village Apartments or Western Manor, you or at least one member of your family must be a full-time student, faculty or staff member:
- UNDERGRADUATE STUDENTS must be enrolled for a minimum of twelve credit hours.
- GRADUATE STUDENTS must meet at least one of the following criteria:
- be enrolled for a minimum of nine credit hours;
- hold a one-half time University assistantship and be enrolled for a minimum of six credit hours;
- hold a University assistantship appointment with a service obligation greater than one-half but not more than three-quarter time and be enrolled in GR-598, GR-590 or GR-597, GR-697, or GR-698 and be pursuing the degree objective on a full-time basis.
- The above minimum hourly requirements apply to both the fall and spring terms. Occupants enrolled for the spring term, who are scholastically eligible for readmission in the fall term and who have properly preregistered for the fall term, are not required to enroll during the summer terms in order to continue occupancy of their apartment during the summer.
- A new assignment, which begins during the summer term, requires enrollment for at least one course for three credits and unless occupancy is terminated earlier, full-time enrollment for both fall and spring terms.
- POSTDOCTORAL STUDENTS, VISITING FACULTY, AND SCHOLARS must provide documentation from hosting department or program.
- FACULTY AND STAFF must provide documentation of employment.
- Housing is available to all eligible individuals regardless of age, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.