Apply for Housing

Submit a University Housing application

  • Once you have been offered acceptance, submit a University Housing application through MyPack Portal
  • Apply as soon as possible to ensure the most compatible location and roommate.
  • The University Housing application is separate from Admissions, so don’t procrastinate!
  • You may complete a University Housing application BEFORE committing to NC State, there is no fee to apply for housing.

Submit a Village application

If you are interested in joining a living and learning village, you’ll need to complete a separate application for the village. Both applications are in MyPack Portal under student self-service. Please keep in mind that some villages do not allow non-village roommates. Village applications are accepted until May 1 or the village reaches capacity.

Learn about your many on-campus living options!

  • Residence halls – We have 20 halls located throughout campus with an array of amenities and floor plans.
  • On-campus apartments – Boost your independence in one of our on-campus apartment communities.
  • Living and learning villages – Join one of our close-knit communities built around common interests.
  • University Towers, College Inn, Valentine Commons and Stanhope are not part of University Housing.

Room Assignments

University Housing assigns students to spaces based on the date of their housing application.

  • All assignments are made in the order applications are received.
  • 2017-2018 housing assignments will be sent on May 21 at 3 pm to student's MyPack Portal.
  • Roommate requests and building preferences are matched whenever possible.

Find a roommate through RoomSync Facebook app

Check out University Housing’s RoomSync app to search for potential roommates via Facebook. If you find someone you’d like to room with, don’t forget to update your housing application to request a preferred roommate. Both parties must accept each other as roommate.

Make changes to your housing application

If you need to update your housing application, you may do so in MyPack Portal until you are assigned. Once assigned, changes can only be made by University Housing staff.

View your housing assignment

Housing assignments for incoming students and off-campus students seeking to move on campus are released May 21, 2017  for the 2017-2018 academic year. Returning residents can renew their housing assignment for the following year during housing selection in January.